“ROOKIES” OF THE YEAR?

30 Oct

Mickey Rourke is widely expected to earn his first Oscar nomination for The Wrestler

I hope you’ll take a few moments to check out a new gallery that I’ve prepared for my Los Angeles Times blog “The Feinberg Files” that features 25 actors or actresses who are in contention for their first career Oscar nod this year. Each entry features a photo of the performer, a write-up about his or her role, and a piece of trivia.

Some are old familiar faces (Richard Jenkins, Melissa Leo, Frank Langella), some are well-known stars (Kate Beckinsale, Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, Mickey Rourke), and some you may never have even heard of before (Rosemarie DeWitt, Sally Hawkins, Taraji P. Henson, David Kross, Dev Patel, Brandon Walters, Elsa Zylberstein).

One thing they have in common, based on what we’ve seen or heard: all give great performances that are worth checking out in this gallery and then in theaters.

6 Responses

1. Anonymous 30. Oct, 2008 7:28 pm #

Great piece. I’m especially looking forward to Michael Shannon’s performance in ‘Revolutionary Road’. It is such a crucial part of the book and he always wows me when I see him on stage in New York.

2. Anonymous 30. Oct, 2008 7:29 pm #

Saying that “all give great performances..” do you mean that you have seen the movies in which these actors are in?

3. Scott Feinberg 30. Oct, 2008 7:40 pm #

We just amended the wording to clarify it for you, sweetheart.

4. Anonymous 30. Oct, 2008 8:23 pm #

Thank you.. just so curious about what has been seen – the releases can’t come soon enough! =)

5. Robert Hamer 01. Nov, 2008 2:29 am #

Hey Scott, I know you’ve been curious about The Reader for quite some time Here’s the trailer in case you haven’t already seen it:

6. Scott Feinberg 01. Nov, 2008 3:25 am #

Thanks Robert–I thought the book was fantastic and I can’t wait for the movie!